1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth and backup cam to 2005 no nav

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jay fry, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Jay fry

Jay fry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have been searching and reading for a few hours and learning a little here and there. Mostly learning that there are many differences between different cars and years!

we have a 2005 without nav but we do have smart key.

I’d like to add Bluetooth and a backup camera to a factory mfd.

Wondering if it is possible to get a 06-08 mfd to work in our car, even if i have to replace/add plugs in the back to fit.
    It seems that I would need one that has nav or a backup cam - part number 47230.

With that plus adding a factory camera on the hatch and running 4 wires back there, I’m hoping we have some success.

I’d have to figure out where the wires have to connect but could this plan work??

2. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If it has an AUX jack, usually located in center console next to cigarette lighter jack, then adding Bluetooth is less than $40 and easy. Firefly LDAC at Amazon. Actually 10% off today.

I’ll leave it to others to comment on camera.

3. Jay fry

Jay fry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Unfortunately it does not. My plan right now is to add the newer mfd and a factory back up cam and an aftermarket bluetooth setup.

If the newer mfd’s do Bluetooth that’s even better! But right now I’m just trying to figure out the backup cam without going with a separate screen.

4. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring