1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth and Navigation volume

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by robl45, Dec 28, 2016.

1. robl45

robl45 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope this is the right place to post. I have a couple of questions relating to the navigation and bluetooth volume.
    When the car is moving at normal speed say 70 on the highway, I can barely hear the bluetooth or navigation commands. My wifes old 2006 lexus had the same system and I seem to remember a way to boost the volume with some hidden menu.

Also the navigation does not mute the radio when it talks, every other car does this, is there a setting I"m missing?

Finally, the bluetooth phone hookup is basically a glorified speaker with my android phone. Is there a way to get it to import contacts or add some numbers or something to dial?

2. robl45

robl45 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so I got it to import my contact which was suprising because I tried a couple of other times and it wouldn't do it. I also found the setting to turn up the speaker volume for the bluetooth so maybe that is better. I still can't hear the navigation though.

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I think you got to turn the volume knob while the nav is speaking, I don't recall a screen with nav volume settings.