1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth and T-mobile or Verizon

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Legrange, Jun 4, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have the original firmware in the phone so it does not ring at all. I could have it flashed but it takes 30-45 Min and I am not going to waste the time! I would really like the phone book to transfer even with the work around that I developed of putting phone numbers in as locations and using the back door disable function. That is just a Kluge. The phone should just work. Other providers phones work and I do not wish to be a partner in Versions "business plan". I realize that there are work arounds for photographs and ring tons, but that supports them. They are "selling razor blades not razors" and I don't want to buy any more of their blades!

2. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

Thanks Tag, I had already found this tid bit. My problem is with the all contacts transfer. When I follow these instructions, the phone brings up the contacts list and wants me to select one. Guess I'm not finding the right combo. I will keep trying.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

catsbox,

Is there no way to highlight all of the entries? Is there a "send all" option that is selectable?

When I looked at the LetsTalk.com instructions for the V330 I was sort of surprised to see instructions for "All Contacts Transfer". I mean, I have yet to hear of a Motorola phone that has the ability to transfer phonebook entries to the Prius in any manner OTHER than one contact at a time.

So now I'm wondering whether those instructions are in error. ???

4. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My thoughts exactly. There is no send all option, just send. I have yet to figure out how to highlight all of the contacts at once. If I do, I will let everyone know. While the V330 with T-Mobile appears to be a good combination with the Prius, the Moto instruction manual has a lot to be desired (as do most!)

5. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I too have to re-pair my phone manually every time I start the car. Has anyone figured out how to resolve this issue with the V330 from T-Mobile? Might it be because I have more than one phone installed?

6. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's one big thing I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Pick a provider that has a good signal in your area and the areas you'll visit most frequently. As good as most providers are these days, they all have areas that aren't so good. Verizon typically has the best coverage. I've found AT&T a close 2nd and Tmobile to be 3rd. I don't bother with any of the others.

7. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Found the answer:
    To reset the Bluetooth® power on your Motorola phone to always be ON: Go to Menu>Settings>Connection>Bluetooth Link>Setup, scroll to Power and select change. Highlight and select ON. This will enable your Motorola phone to be connected to other Bluetooth® devices that have been gone through the pairing process with out having to turn the Bluetooth® power temporarily on or having to walk through the pairing (AKA bonding) process every time.

Go to www.motorola.com/customer/support for lots of helpful info.

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That may be true in Massachusetts. However, coverage of all cellular carriers vary by region. T-Mobile, for instance, has the weakest network on the West Coast.

9. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well.. that would still make my statement accurate, since I hate Nextel and have never heard good things of Sprint. I guess there are other carriers, but those are the 5 majors.

Anyway, my main point was simply that it's important to find the best carrier and then worry about the phone.

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That's very true. Also, think about where you're going to be using the phone the most. 98% of the calls I make from the Prius are just two numbers, which are in the one-touch area. I have an e815 with Verizon, but if I really needed to make a lot of calls while driving, I'd change carriers.

BTW, there are workarounds, such as using a laptop (w/BT) or a PDA to send the phone book. Or get a cheap BT phone on eBay and use that to send the numbers.

11. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well. It may be accurate in your own subjective jaundiced opinion, but that does not make it true for others.

AT&T Wireless is history, since it was acquired by Cingular which is now the largest carrier even though it did not make your list. Sprint was the third and Nextel the fourth largest before they merged. Sprint is still the third largest cellular company. T-Mobile is a distant fourth.

I have had AT&T Wireless and Verizon before I switched to Sprint (due to a very generous 25% employee discount). We travel quite a bit, as my wife works for an airline. We observed no appreciable difference in the quality of service between the three carriers. They all have major holes in coverage, albeit in different places.

I agree but, again, the best carrier will vary by locale.

12. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    There is no way to transfer the entire phonebook at once. Here is the response I got from Motorola customer support today:

Thank you for contacting Motorola.

We appreciate your request and also we apologize for any inconvenience you may experience with your product.
    Unfortunately the phone only supports sending one contact at a time, it does not have the capability of sending multiple contacts.

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support. We really appreciate your interest in our brand and our products.
    If you have further questions or need additional assistance, please contact our Mobile Devices Support Center at 1-800-331-6456.
    Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 7am to 10pm CST and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 6pm CST.
    Thank you for allowing us to be of your assistance.

Best regards,

I am going to try and get letstalk.com to update their info.

13. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have T-Mobile, Verizon, and Cingular. T-Mobile is fine on the west coast, but not a good in the desert.

14. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Their coverage may be good along major freeway routes, but have you tried using T-Mobile in the canyon roads traversing the Santa Monica Mountains between the Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley?

15. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

In LA/So Cal the only great coverage is Sprint and Verizon. T-mobile is third, and Cingular is a joke.

16. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

I have a sony erikson which works fine....