1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Audio "Connecting/Loading" and how to default maps setting

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by mynewpriusv, Apr 12, 2012.

1. mynewpriusv

mynewpriusv New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Guys,

Everytime, I get into my V I play my various podcast (via iPhone). However, its takes about a minute (as compared to my wife's RX which connects instantaneously). Any ideas on why it takes such a long time? Bluetooth is always on and its be "paired".

Also, when I turn off audio, the screen simply shows blue screen with "audio off". Is there a way that I can always default to the map screen instead of going to apps --> maps --> show map? Not a biggie, but a nice to have for me.

Thanks!

2. jon_lancaster_toyota

jon_lancaster_toyota Nate Riesen

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's too long for the Bluetooth to connect. It should be happening at about the same speed as your Lexus. If ur also connecting Entune I could see there being up to a mi the delay while that data connection is applied.
    You should pair your wife's phone to the car and see if it takes the same amount of time. See if u can identify the Prius or the iphone as the offender.

You can't set Nav as default as you can with the Lexus. Different manufacturers there. Your V has a system built by Harmen where the system in your Lexus and the Premium HDD 7.1" system currently available in the Prius V-5 with Adavcned Tech is provided by Denzo. Very different systems which perform the same tasks.

Let me k ow if you pair a separate iphone to the car and see any improvements. Also tell me if your iphone is the only phone paired to the car. If it isn't, is your phone at the top of the list in the paired device list?
    SETUP>BLUETOOTH>PAIRED DEVICE LIST

1 person likes this.
  3. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have an iPhone 4s and the Bluetooth pairs within 10 or so seconds after the car is ready. ( I haven't timed it.). Mayb delete the pairing and try to let the car drive (ha!) the pairing process rather than the iphone or vice versa and see if there is improvement. My pairing is for phone and audio only. I rarely use USB. W

1 person likes this.
  4. mynewpriusv

mynewpriusv New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks Guys - I didn't re-pair the device, but it seems to be connecting is under 20 seconds now. Probably me making up this long wait more than anything else. Yes, it's the only device connected to the V.

As for the maps default - that's sucks. I want to see all pretty colors as a default. :)

One last one, you guys know how to rename "car multimedia" on my Iphone? As I mentioned that I have a Lexus and a V and they are both named "car multimedia", I would love to differentiate them. Where do I do the renaming? On the Iphone or vehicle?