1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Audio not reconnecting properly

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by aProPrius, Feb 28, 2015.

1. aProPrius

aProPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    We are happy new owners of a 2012 Prius v with Nav but no advanced electronics package. If I jump in the car and let my phone (a blackberry Z10) and car re-pair themselves automatically , the Bluetooth music will start playing all by itself after a few seconds (nice) however the artist, title and album graphic are not displayed (not nice).

If I want to see artist, title and album graphic, I must disconnect and reconnect the Bluetooth. Anyone have this issue and figure out how to resolve it other than manually disconnecting their phone every time?o_O

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    This has been reported and discussed several times, try searching around a bit.

When you shut the car off, is it set for BT playback? If so, try setting it to radio before shutting down, and wait till the system is fully booted up before switching to BT audio. Seems to me like connecting to a BT device is about the last thing the system does when it starts up. Look for a banner on the display telling you its "connected to BT device".