1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth audio playback delay

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by -Yousef-, Feb 1, 2019.

1. -Yousef-

-Yousef- Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have noticed that audio playback through Bluetooth in my Prius has a delay of about two seconds , this can be noticed watching a Youtube video while stationery for example .

I have tried unpairing and then pairing again and resetting the head unit to factory settings with no improvement, my phone is Galaxy S8 and I don't have this issue with my VW .

The head unit in question is the same as the one in the attached picture

Is anyone noticing similar issue or have any suggestions .

Attached Files:

2. will the engineer

will the engineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My relatives have a 2018 Toyota pick up. the one that's really popular atm....anyways

They have the same issue.

it's an enherite problem with bluetooth itself, or its Toyots choice of bluetooth tech they have placed in all their cars

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. mudworm

mudworm Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Same here.

4. mudworm

mudworm Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This morning, the delay was more than 10 seconds, which rendered my YouTube video not watchable at all. That can't be an inherent problem with Bluetooth, can it? Bluetooth is so prevalent these days.

5. priusjedi

priusjedi New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone ever figure this mystery out? If they haven't has anyone found a stock toyota radio that works and the delay disappeared? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

6. Animal Mother

Animal Mother New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It’s definitely not something inherent in Bluetooth as otherwise you would notice it when watching videos while using AirPods. I’ve noticed the delay in my Prius as well, I’d be interested if anyone had a solution.