1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth audio streaming on 2011 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Frank O, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Frank O

Frank O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just started using Spotify, and would like to stream music from its app on my mobile phone (iPhone 6) in my 2011 Prius.

I plugged the phone into the USB jack in the center well, and found this seems to work fine. However, it would be a little easier if I could do the streaming via bluetooth with no wire connection.

When I start the car, in a few seconds I see a message that the car is connected to the iPhone as a hands-free phone. If I press the "Audio" button at the lower left of the dash screen, the "BT" tab is grayed out and I can't select it.

Do I need to unpair my iPhone as a phone before I can use it for bluetooth audio streaming? Or is there some other trick to making this work? If there's significant reconfiguration that needs to be done each time I use it in the car, it might be easier just to stick with the USB connection.

2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It should work. Go into your Bluetooth settings in the car and ensure BT audio is selected for your phone.

3. Frank O

Frank O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. The Prius menus aren't super intuitive, but after some looking around I found one menu where I could enable Bluetooth audio and re-pair the phone. This got it working just fine.

mmmodem likes this.