1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth capability

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tomclinton, Mar 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. tomclinton

tomclinton New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    I have a '05 Prius with Nav,

The system doesn't support Bluetooh Music (although it is odd that you can connect phone via bluetooth) and I would like to listen to my spotify on my phone via Bluetooth. What is the best way of achieving this? I have a spare bluetooth stereo lying around but I don't want to lose functionality of the AC, nav and OBC display.

Any ideas greatly appreciated?

BTW, I don't care how the system looks, I just want functionality. It is a 2005 Prius so style isn't my forte.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Correct.

Your options are: a) connect the headphone jack to the aux input with a ground loop isolator in series with the input cable; b) find a BlueTooth receiver that you can connect to the aux input and connect via BT through this.

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    if you buy the correct interface, you can have everthing working. the only thing is that the MFD will say audio off when you're using the aftermarket head unit. but the a/c and steering wheel buttons will all work.

4. tomclinton

tomclinton New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Any idea what the correct interface harness is? I have wired in radios before but I would just prefer a plug and play one ideally. Would appreciate a link if you know what item I need...

I don't think I can locate an aux input in the Prius. Bear with me as I've only owned the car for about a week. Anye idea where the aux input is?

Many thanks

5. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interior of your center console. To the right of the 12V plug.

6. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    crutchfield.com can hook you up with everthing you need to get it done.