1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth dropping for media player, not phone....Wth????

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by G Man v5, Sep 29, 2018.

1. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Three years with the car and never an issue. Then last week, bam, it started happening.

Bluetooth connection, (audio player) has started dropping connection. I've tried reinstalling, resetting head unit, deleting phone, reinstalling, everything I can think of. And it still is dropping. Strange thing is, it still shows connected. Even stranger, is that the audio, (spotify), after being dropped, can be heard very slightly when I start a phone call. So I can hear the phone, and the audio from the other bluetooth source. So weird. I also noticed before the "dropping" started, the display screen was "locking up". By this I mean that when using say spotify, the display was not changing. It was "stuck" on a previous song. Same with the time elapsed.

Any suggestions on what could be going on?

Android Moto Phone.

I tried using the aux input, but the output is so very low, it is really not usable.

#1G Man v5, Wednesday at 8:19 AM

2. G Man v5

G Man v5 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What even adds to the strange......After the signal "drops", and the audio is now playing through my phone, I can still control the audio through the Prius' touchscreen. I can pause, skip songs. So, it is still "connected"....Yet the audio is not.