1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth feature takes too long to launch

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by gohanvox, May 26, 2012.

1. gohanvox

gohanvox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    LOVE everything about the Prius C! Only issue is that once I punch the Bluetooth option, it takes at least a good 30 seconds to connect. Is that normal? (I use an iPhone 4S with updated iOS)

I was driving an Elantra with the same feature and it hooked up within 5-10 seconds.

Think it's worth getting checked at the dealership?

2. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't have a c, but a Prius 4. I am confused by the "punch the Bluetooth option" comment. My iPhone 4 is paired with the car and it connects automatically when I start the car.

3. whipper25

whipper25 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have a Prius C. As long as bluetooth is already enabled on my iPhone, I just have to switch to bluetooth audio on the head unit (I cycle through the different audio modes by pressing the 'mode' button on the steering wheel), and the phone connects automatically.

I do find it takes awhile to connect as well. This is my first Prius, so I have no point of comparison, but I do wish it would connect faster.

4. Daze

Daze Prius C Owner

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    yes i agree, it takes too long for me too in my opinion. I am not too upset about this though because i havent had any problems with the bluetooth functionality itself.

5. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nah. That's about what it is. The phone hooks up faster but the other BT stuff like the iPod part of the phone and the internet connections are slow to hook up.

priusninja likes this.