1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth intermittent

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DuaneHebert, Sep 12, 2013.

1. DuaneHebert

DuaneHebert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since upgrading to iPhone 5 I've started having problems with my Bluetooth connection. I use if to play music from my phone. It was working fine with iPhone4. Now, occasionally it doesn't connect automatically. I sometime have to tell it to connect then set my phone to scan.

A second problem is that occasionally the sound starts cutting out. Almost seems like a cd skipping.

I don't know if this has anything to do with Prius but I'm wondering if I need a firmware upgrade or something?

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Try and reestablished the connection.

3. DuaneHebert

DuaneHebert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well yes, reestablishing the connection usually works. My question is whether I need some firmware upgrade to stop this from happening with the iPhone 5 as it worked fine with iPhone 4.

4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Untested by me. I gave a 4S model. I'm about to upgrade to the 5S

5. SUPERCOOLMAN

SUPERCOOLMAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    happens all the time on my old Prius. you need to restart Prius or somehow reset the bluetooth system of Prius. reboot the phone or reconnect won't help.