1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Issue and Solutions

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by obzkure, Jul 23, 2022.

1. obzkure

obzkure New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    New owner of a 2013 Prius V Five Wagon. The car has been a blast to drive.

Bought the car knowing that I was going to have to figure out an issue with the Bluetooth. On the bluetooth menu I cannot toggle bluetooth from "OFF" to "ON".

Spent some time today reading old posts here on the forum. I've narrowed down my options to:

First Option:
    Try the firmware update to 5.2.0. Old posts have linked to a defunct Toyota website that is no longer active.

The new Toyota firmware page states "There are no multimedia updates available for this vehicle" for a 2013 Prius V Five w/ Navigation.

If anyone has the file downloaded on their computer and could send it to me via Google Drive please let me know and I'll send you a link to a folder that you can upload it to.

Second Option:
    I can try to unplug the 86100-YY050 extension box and see if Bluetooth functionality is restored. But that may only allow me to use Bluetooth for calls, and I want to stream audio from my iPhone.

Third Option:
    Pick up a used 86100-YY050 extension box from eBay and hope that it solves the problem.

If anyone has the 5.2.0 firmware file and could send it to me, I would love to try this first before replacing the extension module.

2. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Option 1:
    Try looking for the firmware for a 2013 Prius V Three w/ Navigation.

Option 2:
    Other people have simply unplugged the big fat jumper cable between the extension box and the main unit. This will work only because the main unit takes over the USB functionality.

Option 3:
    Will solve the problem if the extension box is good. These extension boxes go bad a lot, but were used in a lot of different Toyotas in the 2010-2015 time-frame. Make sure the unit is tested or can be returned.

Option 4:
    I have a working 57011 with a good extension box. I could sell it to you.

Franny Glass and icyrius like this.
  3. Franny Glass

Franny Glass New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    20220830_114938.jpg 20220830_114938.jpg 20220830_114922.jpg
    I have a 2012 Prius V w 57011 and screen was cracked on old stereo so I bought new 57011 on on eBay, have the expansion box I think (see photos attached) but Bluetooth and phone buttons not work.

Tried the secret Service menu using Car + lights 3 times, tried all options nothing worked. Also tried Deleting personal data.

Any suggestions?

4. Thomas E Trainor III

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

I may be interested in the radio. Mine just crapped the bed