1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Issue When On A Phone Call

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Joe Dipierro, May 10, 2022.

1. Joe Dipierro

Joe Dipierro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

Another issue I have which actually happening today. I noticed in the 2 plus years I’ve had my 2016 Prius that when it’s warm out especially in the summer my phone calls get affected. I hear the person fine loud and clear but they can’t bear me. I get told I sound far away and I had the air on 1 so the fan wasn’t blowing. I don’t get it. Then I called someone else who heard me then it stopped working so I had to use speaker phone on my phone. Just wondering am I the only one with this issue and is there a fix for this. Thank you!

iPhone ?

2. Joe Dipierro

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Bump. Anyone else have this issue??

iPhone ?

3. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I don't know if this is the same issue... I've only had my car a month and received my first phone call while driving it today. I could hear them but they could not hear me. Fwiw my phone is Android (Samsung S20).

I was listening to music from a USB drive at the time. The music stopped, I heard the phone ring tone through the car speakers, pressed the button to answer the call, ended up hanging up and calling back later because they couldn't hear me.

I've also noticed that Google maps on the phone does not give voice directions when I am listening to music from a USB drive -- I think the phone thinks that the voice directions are going to the car stereo speakers but the USB drive is set as the source for the car stereo. I have to turn off the phone's Bluetooth in order to hear the directions. Because of this I was actually surprised that I could hear the phone call today.

Are you listening to anything on the car stereo from a source other than your phone when you have problems with calls?

4. Joe Dipierro

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I usually have the Bluetooth on and play that way, not usually using usb because I typically charge watch. I should look into that but what’s funny is if it’s early morning or later in evening I have no issues

iPhone ?

5. Joe Dipierro

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Most of the time I just use my AirPods or speaker phone it’s so annoying

iPhone ?

6. Joe Dipierro

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Now I don’t have the issue because it’s no longer summer lol. It still sucks though that it happens without fail.