1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth issue...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ElliottB1984, Jun 4, 2014.

1. ElliottB1984

ElliottB1984 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently purchased my second 2008 prius(my brother totaled my first) and I've discovered a few issues now that I got it home, due to my haste in buying. :/ The bluetooth is non existent. I've tried 2 different phones, and neither of them can see it, and the prius always says no bluetooth devices found. How can I tell if it's been removed, and if it has, is it something that can be replaced by someone with limited mechanical experience? Thanks in advance. :)

2. walpoleauto

walpoleauto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The first recommendation I can say is to follow these steps in the youtube video I am sending.

If you have followed those steps correctly, then I would recommend putting the car in diagnostic mode and check to see if there are any problems. To get in to diagnostic mode check out this video

In there you can check to see if the bluetooth is having issues. Upon entering diagnostic mode, go in to the Service Check options and see if there are any codes. Try and hold mem clr and code clr to clear the codes and do a recheck. This will tell you if you system is function as it should. That is the best way to start.