1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by dsleffelks, Oct 11, 2017.

1. dsleffelks

dsleffelks New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2013 Prius, and lately I've been having an issue with the bluetooth connecting with my Galaxy S8, it will connect and play media from my music for about 5 minutes and then it will go to the loading screen and not come back on. I'll shut the car off, and turn it back on and it will do the same thing. I've tried unpairing it and pairing it back up, turning bluetooth on and off, nothing has worked. Ideas?
    Thanks!

2. Wuvo

Wuvo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I do not have an answer to your question, but have you eliminated the Galaxy as the source? The car tries to actively couple as a Bluetooth device each time you start it, so its possible (at least in theory) that each time you start it, it connects *both* devices, and then the Galaxy shuts off.

This is not an elegant way to describe what I mean, but you might want to test your phone on other Bluetooth devices to see if it is or is not the issue.

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    reboot your phone while bluetooth is enabled and re sync. If it happens again, sync another bluetooth device to the car and steam music. Start troubleshooting with that, if you haven't.