1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Module is not Connected Prius C Two (video included)

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by aimsor, Jan 21, 2019.

1. aimsor

aimsor New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and my friend recommended that I join the community and work alongside other Prius owners to solve any issues that might arise.

I recently ran across an issue where my Prius won't let me use any of the bluetooth features on it. It simply stopped working when I stepped out of my car for about an hour and came back to this unpleasant surprise.

I went to the dealership where they offered to diagnose the issue and then reinstall the software if it is a software issue. They weren't sure at first glance and thought it seemed weird. I'd rather not pay $300+ or even $170 to have them fix the issue if I could fix it myself. I have tried rebooting the unit by holding down the pwr•vol button for 3 seconds multiple times and that doesn't work. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any way of fixing it? Thanks! I'll attach a video showing the issue as well.

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I know this sounds funny, but have you tried turning your phone off and back on again?

3. aimsor

aimsor New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I tried that out initially. I also cleared all Bluetooth devices from my phone and added them again, but it can't find my car.

ztanos likes this.
  4. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I've had an issue in the past, but I don't clearly recall exactly what it was. Must be age creeping up on me. That being said I didn't read where you deleted both connections.

ie:
    delete the phone from the car
    delete the car from the phone

On the couple occasions where I've had to re-connect, it would never do it when i only deleted 1/2 the connections. But when i deleted both, then retried - success.

ztanos likes this.
  5. aimsor

aimsor New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the input. I tried that out as well. Same issues persist. I did get a new message stating “No Bluetooth audio players are currently paired. Would you like to pair a Bluetooth audio player?” Once I hit “Yes” the same message pops up unless the Bluetooth buttons are greyed out entirely (which is starting to happen intermittently) then the dialoague box disappears without doing anything.

6. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like a fault with the radio if during "pairing" that button is greyed out intermittently.

I was about to ask if when you hit "yes" did you immediately try to pair your phone, then seen the word "intermittent". By chance would the C still be under warranty? I'm assuming not if they offered to charge you on your 1st visit..

as a sidenote: you could go aftermarket and get all sorts of goodies in a new headunit. To be honest, that would be the route I'd take before shelling out $300 for a "possible" fix.

7. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Speed sensor think that you're driving maybe?

dubit likes this.