1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth music pairing problem after ICS upgrade

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by rjdriver, Sep 3, 2012.

1. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Upgrading from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich appeared to be a seamless and successful process on my Samsung Galaxy S2 i777. After going through the re-set up of Bluetooth that all of us upgrading to ICS had to do, I noticed that while it automatically paired with the phone for talking at each vehicle start, as it had before, I was getting no music off the phone.

Looking at the Bluetooth setup screen in the C3, I saw that it offered the option to pair for music, so I chose that, and it did the pairing manually. And then it only found two of the 100+ songs on my phone. I figured it was some weird fluke and hoped it would all be fine on the next vehicle start, but it wasn't - same problem. Had to manually pair for music each time, and it still only found two songs.

After browsing the Android forums I found many people having Bluetooth issues after the ICS upgrade, but none were exactly like mine. I decide to take the two general pieces of advise I found:

1. Wipe out the saved Bluetooth settings on both the car and the phone and rediscover for both. When I had first re-setup Bluetooth right after the ICS upgrade, there appeared to be some changes to the process from Gingerbread. I don't remember being asked to give the OK for the car to access each area of the phone (music, contact, messages, etc) with the old OS. And if it did ask that I also don't remember being offered the check box option of "Don't ask this again" with each question. I'm not sure I checked that option on all of them with the first re-setup after ICS, but I made sure to on this go around.

This solved the first issue. Automatic paring for music was now happening at vehicle start up. But - it still only found two songs! So I had to take the second piece of advise.

2. Delete all song on the phone and reload them.

That solved the second problem. It found all the music now.

2. homeless

homeless Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I had the same problem for a few days.. then I noticed that there was an update for my phone. After the update I gave not seen any issues with the Bluetooth.