1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth not connecting for BT Audio Music

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by bighouse, Nov 9, 2021.

1. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi everyone. I joined Priuschat long ago, but haven't posted in quite a while. Still driving my Prius 2010 Gen 3 with solar option. Recently upgraded to an iPhone 13, and I can't get my BT audio to work. When I try to connect, it seems to be looking for an older iPhone (with a different name than my new one) and when it can't find it, not only does it tell me so, but it disconnects my phone connection with my new phone as well. Not sure if it's an incompatibility issue, or a user-not-knowing-what-he's-doing issue!

I'm also wondering if I should simply replace the OEM nav unit with a new one that features better connectivity (and Car Play) and current maps. I can't see spending $300 to upgrade my maps through the dealership if I could put that money towards a more fully-featured nav/audio unit. So, if any of you have any recommendations for specific units that work with my model of Prius (backup camera, no parking assist feature), that would be great too.

2. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Update: I thought maybe if I deleted all personal data from the audio/nav system it might work. And it did. So going into the general Setup and choosing the "delete all personal data" option allowed me to remove the prior connection to an older iphone and now, after pairing my new iPhone, my bluetooth audio works. Strangely, when first paired, the sound was playing at like 1/4th the speed it should have been! I turned it all off, restarted, and everything seems fine now.

Still wondering about an upgrade that has easily upgradable maps and better audio features!!!

#2 bighouse, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    burrito likes this.
  3. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This is a Prius v forum, and your 2010 is not a Prius v. Not a problem, just to let you know that you would get better responses on the regular Prius forums.

I have seen posts where people have had issues with their 2012-2014 Prius v's and the latest IOS. There is a new Bluetooth profile, that your MFD (MultiFunction Display) does not support. The simple solution is to buy a USB fob that supports the new Bluetooth Profile, and plug it into your USB port. This is the cheapest and easiest way to go.