1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth on more than One Phone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jrod81, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jrod81

jrod81 Member

Question guys,
    So my cell phone does not have bluetooth (yes, i know- it's that old), but my wife does. So I have been putting the numbers from her phone into the Prius phonebook, but I have a question. When I get my next phone which will have bluetooth will the phonebook work with it too or will I have to set numbers up from it as well? I guess what I am asking is if the numbers are in the Prius regardless of what phone is actually linked to it or can those numbers that I have saved thus far only work when my wife's cell is in the car (meaning I will have to reprogram many of the same numbers to link it to my phone). I realize that I can set up two users in the Prius phonebook but many of the numbers will be the same between my wife and my phone...
    thanks guys for the help
    jared

2. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    From the looks of the icons on my screen you can have 4 phones on it but not sure if you can have more then 1 at a time running.

3. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There is 1 phonebook per phone. More than 1 phone can be set up, but only 1 at a time can be connected to the car. It defaults to the last one in use, so you have to manually select the other phone if you are switching back and forth.

4. virtualdood

virtualdood New Member

In a house with a mouse, on an island amongst the
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm still familiarizing my self with the Prius. The phone connection is 1 question that falls into my curiosity: What exactly falls into "different users" modes? Just Nav stuff? or phone usage? anything else?

thanks

5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My earlier post was wrong, and I'll correct it. At least on the 2010, there is one phonebook per phone. If you connect a different phone, it will have a blank address book.

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    On the 2010, they don't have this users setup concept. I can try looking at my TCH manual, but maybe someone with a Gen 2 prius can answer your question.