1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth phone "3 second pause after answer" resolved with Nav DVD 10.1

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by HTMLSpinnr, Jan 12, 2011.

1. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    For those who had version 8.1 in the car upon purchase, you may have experienced a 3 second pause when answering your phone before callers could hear you (or you could hear them). I grew accustomed to counting to three before speaking. I'm not sure if users of 9.1 had the same problem. Version 10.1 ($199 MSRP) does fix this problem as well as providing slightly more up-to-date maps.

While I called it out in this post ( http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...igation-10-1-gen-6-update-dvd.html#post124452 ), it's worth mentioning in a dedicated thread for visibility.

I also noticed that caller data remains visible while driving in this version, something that would blank out in v8.1.

I'm not sure of the chances of getting a warranty replacement. I brought up the issue at my last December service and the dealer knew nothing. I then discovered $200 later that a NAV update fixed the problem. It is worth knowing that if this bug truly annoys you, NAV DVD 10.1 (P/N 86271-GEN06-10) does resolve this specific bug. I'm tempted to see if I can get this reimbursed, but since the service advisor didn't note it in the service log (rather tried to blame the ScanGauge first), I may be SOL.

4 people like this.