1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth phone hard to hear. Suggestions??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by winebuff, May 31, 2009.

1. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In my '07, I first used a Motorola RAZR V3, and it was great. I replaced that phone with an iPhone 3G. It also worked well. I am using the same iPhone in the 2010, and it is that combo that is giving me this "delayed start" issue.

Does that give you any more info that could help?

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have the same combo and same delay problem. The connection seems to be there, but noone can hear me at first. Maybe the display timing is simply out of sync with the actual connection.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I've noticed a delay when answering the phone before people can hear me as well.

I've also noticed, however that if I initiate a call, the car picks it up almost immediately - the '04 took 5+ seconds to switch over.

The addition of the "Transfer" button to switch back to handset is a welcome addition - before I'd have to initiate the swap via a menu on the Blackberry.

Best part is the phone book "pull" from the car vs. pushing from the phone.

4. jim256

jim256 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just found this link for non-NAV Toyota Bluetooth phone volume, not sure if it has been posted elsewhere or if you got another answer. I have not tried it (did not need it) and the applicability is for other models than Prius, although our non-NAV Bluetooth seems exactly like the '09 Camry it does reference: Non-Nav Bluetooth Mic Volume