1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Phone

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by harold, Jul 30, 2013.

1. harold

harold Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    In my other cars , the cars Bluetooth picked up whichever phone was in the car automatically. In this car it doesn't do that. Need to manually choose if different from the previously set/ selected phone.

2. harold

harold Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Still need to manually select if the phone is other than what was selected last time .

The car should really be able to recognize and choose, but doesn't. I say again, his system sucks.

3. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I asked my wife yesterday if she had to manually connect her iPhone to her Prius v/Five/ATP system since my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone was the phone that was previously connected. She said that the connection with her iPhone was automatic.

My Samsung phone, however, has never connected automatically when her iPhone was the last phone to be connected. That my Samsung phone does not automatically connect may have something to do with my phone still being connected to our household Bluetooth system when I start the Prius in the garage or that her iPhone is still within range and is sensed first.

I know for sure when I start my primary vehicle in the garage that its Garmin GPS that I use for hands-free never automatically connects to my phone due to my phone still being in the grips of the household Bluetooth system.

And I don't know for certain that my wife's iPhone really does connect automatically when she starts her Prius in the garage. The household Bluetooth system may still be preventing her iPhone from connecting immediately and her iPhone may really be connecting automatically the first time she restarts her Prius when away from the house.

Regardless, it doesn't matter much whether or not our phones connect automatically to a car system since we rarely "talk and drive" for more than a few seconds at a time - it's too dangerous. The last cell phone using driver that hit my car did over $8,000 in damage. It was the third time I've been hit by a driver either talking or texting on a phone. I'm thinking of taking a tire iron to the next cell phone using driver who hits me.

Overall, the Bluetooth feature in our Prius works very well for both phone and audio streaming - very happy with it.

Chazz8 likes this.
  4. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  5. harold

harold Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  6. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Correct. I switched from my iPhone to a Pantech phone which is more basic. I had to use the connect for phone option, and actually had to enter the code requested. It finally worked. The only bad thing is it takes 2-4 minutes for the phone's bluetooth to connect to the car, and then I have to press OK on the phone for it to enable use of the Contacts on the phone. A bit of an inconvenience, since my old iPhone connected even when I was outside the car within 5 feet or so.

Now I use my old iPhone as an iPod hooked up via USB, and the phone is bluetooth phone only.

7. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    the short of it is, the system SUCKS. there is only ONE phone in our family, and sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. as i understand it, it might be a different system. northern or southern. either way toyota must have installed downgraded systems. ever wonder if GM or the other auto company's systems work better ?? i know my 2009 venza worked a he** of a lot better.