1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Prius 2009 right passenger speaker

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Luvmy2008prius, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Luvmy2008prius

Luvmy2008prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi

My speaker for the bluetooth on the passenger side does not work. The Toyota garage says that for that Gen II only the speaker worked with bluetooth on the driver side. They also told me that I needed a
    new engine filter which was not true as I had just replaced. Just as a side note, my Prius 2008 turned
    408K. Since the pandemic has reduced my driving dramatically I probably won't be seeing 450 or more
    till next year. She is more than a great car. Hope my new/used 2009 performs as well. Thanks for
    any input.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, this is correct. Gen3 is the same, and likely the gen4 as well.
    Congrats. How do you do it, and what have you changed thus far?

3. Luvmy2008prius

Luvmy2008prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2008 Made in Japan
    The hybrid battery is original. I change the oil every 2500 miles faithfully. The other maintenance items are
    done way ahead of schedule. I am now on my 3 set of brakes. Last November one of my brake
    lines blew out where the bracket holds it to the frame. Seems the bracket cut thru. I believe the
    water pump was a recall. Toyota also had issues with the combination meter for which they paid to
    replace. She gets a wash many times a week thanks to one of those unlimited car washes.
    My place of employment is 102 miles one way. Mileage is not as good as the day I purchased
    She was burning oil, but I have resolved by adding 8 oz of an oil additiive. Whoops, had to replace
    one strut on the driver side. I am also more than impressed with her. Especially since when I purchased
    there was little to no support from many people...given it was a hybrid.

She looks new-in and out-and Toyota send me several gifts when they learned of the 400K. Thanks for
    asking.

SFO likes this.
  4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    AFAIK Toyota only designed the bluetooth interface to work for making calls via your cell phone. So they must have figured only the driver would want to hear things.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.