1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Problems - 2015 Prius With Navigation

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kilhoffa, Sep 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kilhoffa

Kilhoffa New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hi folks,

So I just recently bought a 2015 Prius with Navigation, and the Bluetooth worked pretty well for a couple of months until my phone bricked, and I had to get a replacement. The replacement model is the exact same, but for some reason on this new phone I have to delete the device and reconnect every time I start the car. New connections work fine, but it will not auto-reconnect, or even detect the phone after startup.

None of the other threads that I saw had this exact issue, and the phone works fine with other BT devices.

Is there any way to reset the BT on the car, or better troubleshoot? It's tiring having to delete and and manually add/reconnect the phone every time I start the car.

I have an Android Nexus 5X.

Thanks!

2. Kilhoffa

Kilhoffa New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I tried it on a different phone model, and the Prius's BT will still not connect without first removing the device and adding it again.

3. Kilhoffa

Kilhoffa New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I just realized that it may not be a BT problem. I renamed my phone to "Tensor" where it was previously "Nexus". When I start the car and go to my saved devices list, Nexus is the only phone on the list. If I delete Nexus and add Tensor, everything works fine.

However, if I turn the car off and start it back up, Tensor is no longer on the list and Nexus is back on! Why would it do this?

Tldr, MFD reverting back to old BT connected devices list after restart.