1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Protocol (Feature)?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Hytec, May 27, 2008.

1. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I can't transfer the phonebook from a Kyocera K323P cell phone to a 2005 Prius (Package #6), otherwise I can place and receive calls with no problem.

I contacted Cellular South Tech Support for assistance, and they asked if the Prius uses FTP or A2DP feature (protocol) for data transfer? Does anyone know?

Thanks

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I can't tell you what the protocol is but this is very common. You will have to transfer one number at a time.

3. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    David, thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately, transferring one number at a time doesn't work either.:(

I believe the problem is within the Prius Communication firmware. The Kyocera phone Contact List displays, and transfers, phone numbers formatted as (xxx) xxx-xxxxx, with or without the preceding 1 for long distance access. Apparently the Prius firmware can not decode the open parenthesis, and then rejects all characters following. I notice the Prius accepts a preceding 1, but all following are rejected due to the open parenthesis. Furthermore, in the case of the Cellular South access number (*611), all digits are accepted by the Prius firmware.

So, until Toyota updates the Communications firmware (and makes it available at no cost), I will enter all necessary numbers by hand.