1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lrimmer, Jan 28, 2007.

1. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OlsonBW @ Feb 6 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]386009[/snapback]</div>
    We have an 07. There's lock button on the hatch. Looks like the same little rubber hump as those on the front doors.

And, on-topic, we love the bluetooth in the Prius. I often talk to Megan while she's driving it home, and the sound quality is vastly improved than our pre-bluetoothless speakerphone existence.

2. priusman88

priusman88 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OlsonBW @ Feb 6 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]386009[/snapback]</div>

I have an 04, and also have the button on the back hatch, near the handle. I can't imagine that you've "missed it", but at the same time it's hard to imagine why on earth Toyota would have removed it. The back hatch is very often the "point of departure" from the vehicle, and it simply makes sense to have a lock button there.

Would other 07 owners care to weigh in??

3. scoot

scoot Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OlsonBW @ Feb 5 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]385758[/snapback]</div>
    I agree that the Prius is innocent of the poster's bluetooth issue. I would add however that the Prius BT is not as clever as it should be concerning people with multiple phones, in particular when two people own the car and each is the driver part of the time. The BT could _easily_ have been programmed to try to pair with the primary phone, and if it fails, try to pair with the next phone, etc. Instead, you need to change the pairing each time you change drivers. A minor, but needless, pain in the nice person. The inexpensive Nokia car kit that I have in my pickup is clever enough to do this and it is 3 years old...

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    olson:

you must have smartkey to have the lock button on the hatch

5. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Feb 6 2007, 07:21 AM) [snapback]386025[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't realize that was a lock button. Boy do I feel dumb. Thanks everyone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scoot @ Feb 6 2007, 08:47 AM) [snapback]386083[/snapback]</div>
    It's not something that Toyota or anyone else has control over. It's a Bluetooth limitation. Bluetooth devices can only connect to one device at a time and you have to tell it which (non-headset) device to connect to.