1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BLUETOOTH & RAZR

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Robert Fisher, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Robert Fisher

Robert Fisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have frustrated my self into a dither attempting to transfer (upload) the address book in my Motorola RAZR v3 into the Prius (2007, package 6) bluetooth/telephone system. The bluetooth & Razr are "paired" and functional. It's the phone book that will not, under my direction, load into the Prius.

Anyone got any thoughts?

2. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fish @ Mar 11 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]403848[/snapback]</div>
    It doesn't look like it's possible. I quote:

14. HOW DO I TRANSFER NUMBERS FROM MY BLUETOOTH ® PHONE TO THE
    VEHICLE?
    Some phone & service provider combinations allow you to download your phone book directly
    into the Toyota Bluetooth ® system. Others are more restrictive. The instructions for this
    procedure are included in the Bluetooth ® User’s Guide instructions that are posted on the
    LetsTalk website for Toyota at toyota.letstalk.com.

Try:
    http://www.toyota.letstalk.com

Attached Files:

3. tag

tag Senior Member

To Transfer Phonebook

Note: Contacts can only be transferred one at a time

1. Disconnect Bluetooth
    2. Select menu
    3. Toggle to address book and select
    4. Highlight contact you wish to transfer
    5. Select menu
    6. Select send
    7. Select look for devices
    8. Select Bluetooth Handsfree
    9. Once contact is sent Bluetooth will reconnect

http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/toyota-bt/v3razr_bt.pdf

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fish @ Mar 11 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]403848[/snapback]</div>
    How apropos, that the word, “disgust†sounds like the word, “discussedâ€. You MUST be a Verizon user (but you ought to mention that if you want folks to help you), as we Verizon users are ALL disgusted with our Verizon carriers, for their deliberate crippling of their phone’s natural ability to push you phone’s lists into the Prius. It has already been “discussed†ad nausium on other threads. The search tool is a wonderful thing, btw. And another BTW . . . there is only one tiny exception to one model of a Verizon phone not being disabled, but from personal experience, I’ll say it’s not worth mentioning here. Verizon has already been successfully sued (class action) for their earlier failure to disclose their deliberate OPP crippling hardware … done so, so that Verizon can make extra $$ for the kids who download little phone ring tunes, etc.

5. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Mar 11 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]403878[/snapback]</div>
    Well I'm on T-Mobile, and I was only able to transfer entries in my phone book one item at a time.
    I have the Motorola Razr also.
    Dave M.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Well, the OP, "fish", needs to specify whether he has a straight V3 and/or his carrier. Hopefully, it's not a V3c or V3m from VZW.

7. Robert Fisher

Robert Fisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Mar 11 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]403878[/snapback]</div>

I thank you for your insight relative to Verizon, their deliberate crippling, your personal experience, the pending class action suite and their making money from the little phone ring tunes.

8. rangermike

rangermike New Member

9. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had to manually enter contacts. I do it when I'm bored.

I gave up with my Razor and sync feature. I use cingular but I heard some "newer" Razors have the ability to do more than one at a time.

10. NCPriusNoob

NCPriusNoob New Member

I have a cingular V3 Razr. I was only able to add contacts one at a time.

Luckily for me, my wife's phone is a Sony Ericson and it was able to transfer her whole phone book over.

11. chinalfr

chinalfr Junior Member

I'm having problem pairing my RAZR V3r, t-mobile gray RAZR, with my new 07 Prius.

I can scan from the RAZR V3r and found the BT connection. When I select it, a failed/error message pop-up at the screen. I don't even have the chance to enter the passkey yet. :(

Anyone have the same problem?

12. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chinalfr @ Mar 19 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]408458[/snapback]</div>
    You probably need to upgrade your RaZr. I've been on a lot of forums (Acura, Cadillac, etc.) where people complained about RaZr/Bluetooth issues with older firmware/OS, etc.

An Acura salesman specifically warned me against pairing my RazR with the TL-S I was testing since I hadn't updated the firmware yet.

13. suzieyoga

suzieyoga Junior Member

I complained about this almost two years ago when I first got the razor. I was told you can't upload the address book. You have to do it one record at a time. AS IF I have the time to do that.

14. chinalfr

chinalfr Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allargon @ Mar 19 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]408697[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the advice.

I successfully paired the Bluetooth with my RAZR V3r. I was actually talking to a Tmobile reps on the phone. I was hoping Tmobile can help on troubleshooting my problem. And without any glitches, I paired up without any problem. :huh:

The address book transfer is PITA, but I was able to do one contact per transfer. Not too bad if I only have 50+ more contact to transfer. :lol:

15. suzieyoga

suzieyoga Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chinalfr @ Mar 20 2007, 12:38 PM) [snapback]408967[/snapback]</div>