1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth redux

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by artie, Jul 13, 2006.

1. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    3 new sprint phones w/b-t:
    1. a900, samsung
    2. 550 fusic, lg
    3. katana, sanyo

anyone have any opinions re these phones, i.e., dropped calls, sound quality in the car, and any other thoughts?
    i saw a topic indicating problems with the a900 in our cars, not pairing, no sound at times.
    i have an '04, bought the sony ericsson t608, it was barely ok, then when the lg pm 325 came out i got that, a year and a half now, and it works great, except i have a hard time understanding the audio through the car speaker. but it pairs up instantly and there's always sound.
    so, any thoughts???

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm kinda in same quandry as I've been looking to get a new phone soon that actually has Bluetooth and either stay w/Sprint or switch to Verizon (not willing to switch to any other carrier in my area).

I've had pretty good experiences w/current and previous BT-less Sanyos (SCP-8100 and 6000) but the Katana seems rather primitive compared to some of the competition that's been out for awhile per http://reviews.cnet.com/Sanyo_6600_Katana_...l?tag=pdtl-list and http://reviews.cnet.com/Sanyo_6600_Katana_...-2.html?tag=nav.

I really don't want to shell out too much $ though as Sprint BT-equipped phones are expensive in my book even with $150 credit.

3. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'll be very interested to see the responses to this topic.

I am at the point where I can get a new Sprint phone with the $150 credit. I've been very happy with my current Samsung non-BT phone (A660).

I'm also wondering what's going on with Sprint's phone upgrade program. Their Web site says the plan is changing in September, and the changes will be announced some time in August. I'm wondering if I should get my phone now or wait. They don't indicate if the new program is going to be better or worse.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoVaSnow @ Jul 13 2006, 06:02 AM) [snapback]285566[/snapback]</div>

Go to the Eletronics section of the board and there's a nice long read on Sprint phones. I'm waiting for the Katana to finally arrive before I post a detailed posting of all the latest phones.

5. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i've decided!!!
    the A900 that i have (free) due to credit and re-signing, but have not activated is being returned and i'm going for the LG 550 - FUSIC.
    why? i do not know, the SD card, if i buy a 1 gig card i can put a book on the card and listen to it (i listen to books on CDs). the FM transmitter then , may, send it to the car or wherever.
    better battery life by more than double of the A900, allegedly, and, and, i can't think of why else.

nonetheless, my research and interviewing indicates that SANYO makes the best phone for what we really want it for, a phone.
    this is probably true, we have scp-3100 and it has yet to drop a call. but the b/t one is a bit primitive, so LG it is .