1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth Song Track Information

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Luon7951, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Luon7951

Luon7951 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi everyone this is my first time posting in this forum. I have been looking around to seek an answer myself, but I haven't been able to answer my question which is why I'm posting this now.

I have a Prius 2012 model IV and my phone is an HTC One X. I am unable to get the song track information to display on the screen. Do I just need to wait for a software update on my phone or is there something that I can do to fix this problem myself?

Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.

2. smurs

smurs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What kind of music player do you have? I definitely get track info from my iPhone 4 and 4s over Bluetooth.

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Your phone has to support AVRCP 1.3 or later to get song metadata over Bluetooth.

4. Luon7951

Luon7951 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is there an easy way to tell which phones have AVRCP 1.3 implemented? Just from using Google it seems that most (if not all) android based phones do NOT support AVRCP 1.3, but the Apple iphones (including the iphone 5).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three