1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth sound

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by artie, Jul 15, 2006.

1. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i have a question, how good is the audio on your incoming bluetooth conversations?
    i have 3 categories:

1/5 of the calls are acceptable
    2/5 are barely acceptable, stessing "barely"
    2/5 are unintellible, garbled fuzzy muddled, and so on.

i've been using the b/t for 2 1/2 years now, and it seems as though the first year was clear. my first phone was a T-608 and for the last 1 1/2 years the lg325, and it seems that until about a year ago, both phones were far clearer, but i'm not sure my memory is accurate.
    i'm on Sprint.

2. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a Motorola V557 through Cingular and both incoming and outgoing call quality are excellent.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(artie @ Jul 15 2006, 07:24 AM) [snapback]286717[/snapback]</div>
    I read on a Sprint users board that Sprint had recently downgraded the voice quality on its network in order to increase call capacity.

Vagabond probably knows if this is true or not.

4. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i now have the sprint LG fusic or 550 as it is also called.
    vast sound improvement, i can hear, i can hear.

5. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My old Sony Ericsson T637 had totally unacceptable voice quality with the Prius. Oddly enough, voice quality with other Bluetooth headsets was fine. My Motorola RAZR has much, much better voice quality with the Prius, it's now up to a level I consider acceptable.

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Bluetooth feature is one of my favorite things on this car. Very clear reception, incoming and outgoing.
    Verizon Wireless, Treo 700W phone and factory NAV/BT on my 06.

7. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've been very pleased with my Prius and the Motorola RAZR, but Bluetooth has very little to do with the sound quality. It's just another way of transfering the data containing the waveform information and doesn't do anything to alter the waveform, itself.

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 15 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]286746[/snapback]</div>

I can't verify that for sure, but I can't see why since there's never been a problem in capacity ever. A single tower can handle alot of calls, and as it gets busier it has a reduction in range but not quality. BUT they have been doing alot of work on the network in general. For instance in the LA area, I'm seeing an increase in dropped calls and blocked calls. Wish they would tell us what exactly they are doing and when they'll be done.

Most likely is it's the phone going to it's grave.

9. Gregg Suter

Gregg Suter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a strange thing going on with my Treo 700w and my '05 Package 6 Prius. I never had this problem with my previous Verizon phone (Motorola V710). I upgraded to a Palm Treo 700w (running Windows Mobile 5.0). The reason for my upgrade was I wanted more PIM functionality plus the charger connector on the V710 wore out and was very sensitive on the position of the plug/phone; therefore is very difficult to charge the battery.

Anyway, when I make an outgoing call when connected to the vehicle's bluetooth, both parties can hear each other fine. When I take an incoming call, if I answer the phone using either the touch screen or the button on the steering wheel, I can hear the party, but apparently the Prius's microphone doesn't turn on so the party can't hear me unless I hold the phone like a non-hands free, which defeats the purpose of the speakerphone. If I answer the phone using a button on the phone itself, it generally works ok on both parties, but I have also noticed that that doesn't even work sometimes.

I did apply the most recent update from Verizon (http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo700wupdater/verizon.html) (update released April 27, 2006) which fixed some frequent freezing with the device itself. I can't recall if this problem existed prior to this update.

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have Verizon with the e815 and it seems to sound fine. I've gotten home and listened to messages I've left. It sounds different, but not that much.

11. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gregg Suter @ Sep 1 2006, 01:18 PM) [snapback]312814[/snapback]</div>
    I have my E816 set to auto answer. Maybe that will fix the problem? Ithink I have mine set to 5 seconds which gives me time to figure out why my radio just cut out, what the strange noise from the speaker is and to glance at the MFD to see who is calling before I have to say hello.

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gregg Suter @ Sep 1 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]312814[/snapback]</div>
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/t...er/verizon.html

Supposed to be a bluetooth update included in there as well.