1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth stopped working on my 2017 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Alexander G, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Alexander G

Alexander G New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    So recently my Bluetooth stopped working. It worked a few hours before it stopped working I turned the car off and left and when I returned the phone was still connected but the music was playing through my phone and not the car so I disconnected and attempted to reconnect and now the Bluetooth doesn’t show up on my phone I tried reconnecting through the car since my device name is still there but it fails to connect but the Bluetooth itself is still on in my car. Do I need to replace the whole radio unit? Has anyone experienced this issue and what fixed it? I drive a 2017 Prius with 54k miles

2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would reset the head unit by holding down the volume/power button for about three seconds - then hope for the best...

3. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    What type of phone do you have? What do you mean when you say you disconnected the phone? Did you unpair it from the car? You may still see the phone on your car's list of available devices, but that doesn't mean it is paired. On my phone (Android) there is an option to only make it visible to paired devices. If your phone is no longer visible to your car's head unit, perhaps it is because you have selected this option on your phone. You may need to make the phone visible to all devices, paired and unpaired.

krmcg likes this.
  4. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you try restarting your phone? I've had this a couple of times, and restarting the phone (Samsung S2 - yes, it's ancient as phones go - but younger than me!!) connected it straight up again.

davecook89t, Gas Mizer and krmcg like this.