1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth streaming from iPhone

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by msmolly, Dec 9, 2016.

1. msmolly

msmolly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am encountering a problem using the Bluetooth on my 2014 Prius Two with my iPhone to stream a radio station.

When I am streaming my favorite radio station, the display does not update when the song being played changes. Details about the song (artist, song title, album) display properly on the iPhone, but the audio display screen either stays on the information from the first connection and does not update as the song played changes, or it displays generic information (the station identification) with no other info. Sometimes the display shows continuous elapsed time, sometimes it goes from 0.00 to 0.03 and then back to 0.00 and repeats. When I first started streaming from my iPhone the display worked, except it did not show all the song info, so I assumed the station wasn't broadcasting that info.

I have about 3 months left on my Prius Certified warranty. Should I take the car to the dealer to troubleshoot this problem?

2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No expert, but I find that the BT connection DOES NOT work as well as a direct USB connection. The full functionality of the head unit with the iPhone seems to be limited to a physical (not wireless) connection.

A dissapointment...I know. Same way if you use a USB drive for music, it won't show album art even if the MP3s are encoded with it.