1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth to Radio and Phone

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ericb1, Jul 24, 2016.

1. ericb1

ericb1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So After my 08 got totaled, I got a 2010. It is a trim package 5 and has leather, heated seats, nav, etc. I connected my phone and imported contacts, however when I paired my phone as a Bluetooth media device, It seemed to unpair the phone. In my previous model I had to run a Bluetooth receiver into the AUX input, but was hoping I would not need to do that here. Can the car Bluetooth to my phone for both phone and media, or is this not an option?

Thanks in advance, I searched with no luck

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    In my 2011 trim 3, which might or might not be different, I pair my LG phone and an iPod Nano with no troubles. Maybe it's a phone thing where you might not be able to do both at once.

3. ericb1

ericb1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a feeling Its cause I gave both the same PIN and that may be the issue. Just wondering if it was possible, Sounds like so, Thanks

4. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think this maybe the phone !!! a blue tooth device need only one connection and tells the other the capabilities shouldn't be different pairing for phone and another for music

I had a 2010 and now a 2012 in both case my phone connnects and can make phone calls and play music (chaning the audio to bluetooth)... no different pairing required.