1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth trouble in Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Kobayashi, Mar 29, 2017.

1. CPrime

CPrime New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have had my Prime Advanced for about 9 months now. Since then the Bluetooth and Entune system has never worked properly. Crashing, not dialing, useless voice system, etc. I have had the system updated by the local dealer and they are perplexed. I am to the point where I am considering legal action against Toyota. Is anyone else to this point of frustration and disappointment?

The Entune System in the 2017 Prius is basically useless. And yes I have tried it with an Android, other iPhones and it is still spotty.

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the site. Sorry you are having bad issues. Lots of questions we could ask, but I suspect your beyond going through that so I won't bother. I'd suggest escalating this to Toyota Corp Customer Care as see what "free" resolution they can offer you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. CPrime

CPrime New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks already been working with them. Sadly I was just informed that the 2017 useless Entune system can not be upgraded to Entune 3.0 (although the dealer said that it would be able to).

The current system is so unreliable that it is downright dangerous to use as it causes massive driving distraction. I am looking for any help as to what is next, before I look at my legal options.

4. mercat68

mercat68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Bought my Prime Premium Aug. 1 and have used my iPhone 6 successfully so far - all functions work, Entune, data services, etc., both Bluetooth and USB. I had one reboot incident early on, but none since. Entune ain't great, but it works as advertised for me. That said, I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Several things you can try, if you haven't already:

-- update to iOS 10.3.3 (someone mentioned problems with 10.3.1)
    -- manually reboot MFD (holding audio on/off button 3 seconds)
    -- reset your iPhone's network connection settings (Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings). This has resolved Bluetooth, WiFi, and cellular issues in the past for me (be aware that you'll lose all your stored WiFi passwords, so will have to reconnect to all)
    -- "forget" and re-establish the Bluetooth connection

Good luck.

Chazz8 likes this.
  5. Tim R

Tim R Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Take your car to the dealer. Toyota has a firmware update that should resolve this issue. There is a Toyota Service Bulletin TSB 0236-17 that is supposed to update the radio head for Premium and Advanced trim levels. It was released July 10, 2017.

6. Bill Samuel

Bill Samuel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

7. Bill Samuel

Bill Samuel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have an Android phone, the Google Pixel XL. I also find it buggy. The particular problem I have is that often when a phone call comes in, it will only ring once in the car, then I'll get a message that it is disconnected and it will ring on my phone instead. I will report this next time I go in for service, and maybe they'll install a firmware upgrade that will fix it. I hope!

8. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sorry to hear that, I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ with no issues

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

9. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have an iPhone 6s Plus. Have had some problems in the past with my 2017 Prime, so I just removed the Bluetooth connection and repaired my phone and it seemed to fix the problem.