1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth w/ 2 devices, 1 for audio and 1 for phone?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by myktek, Dec 22, 2015.

1. myktek

myktek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just got a 2015 Prius w/ Display Audio (non-navi).
    I have a cell phone that i want to connect for phone purposes and then I have an older cell phone I want to connect for the purpose of music only. (Note 5 and Note2)

I know I can try this myself, but I don't have time to spend 15 minutes downstairs (at work right now) at the moment and was curious.

Could I connect the Note5 with phone audio only and then connect the Note2 with music audio only.
    I know in the bluetooth settings on the phones, you can choose what audio passes through bluetooth (phone/music).

I assume though, the car only can connect to one bluetooth device only.

So my goal is to have Note5 phone audio connect to the bluetooth and also have my Note2 act as a mp3 player and have the ability to change tracks via the steering wheel controls.

I know the first question is, why don't you do both on the Note5, the reason is that the Note5 no longer has a microsd slot and space is at a premium. My old Note2 has a cracked screen but it has a 64gb microsd card in it, so plenty for music/audio books.

USB port is not an option b/c it doesn't work with Android and the aux is my only other option but I can't change tracks on it.

I guess a 4th option is to get a bluetooth fm transmitter (but no change tracks options again) and then I can use both, just thought I put it out there and see whether anyone has any suggestions.

2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    To what I noticed, it seems you can designate which BT device is used for phone and music separately. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

3. myktek

myktek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    fyi, just had a chance to run down to the car and it worked as qdllc mentioned. I could designate one for each and it works fine.