1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth with GPS in a phone

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ilya, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ilya

Ilya New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi All:

I run into this very annoying problem with my PriusC 2 and android phone (2.2). BT connects fine. I can receive calls fine. But, every time BT is connected and I go to the media page of the audio system the phone's music player starts up automatically. It is possible to pause it. However, if I have navigation running on the phone every time the program is trying to say something the music resumes and overwrites the directions. In the BT settings it is possible to disable the audio, but then nothing can be heard at all.

Does anyone know what settings have to be changed to make sure that the music player doesn't start (I understand that it may be phone rather than car question)?

2. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    it's on the phone's side. you'll have to rummage thru the settings to see if there's an automatic resume option in your music player. if not, unfortunately, you'll just have to deal with it.

3. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My Galaxy Nexus fades the music while navigation speaks, then the music unfades. When I have no music playing I do not experience the problem you are seeing.

It could just be a bad build of Android 2.2 which is heavily outdated by now. So I'd point my finger at the phone. Which device and carrier?

In newer versions of Android you can also go into the Bluetooth settings and disable media audio while leaving phone audio on. So if you're OK with the GPS sound coming out of the phone's speaker, you can have it connected for phone audio without it also trying to be a music player.