1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth won't dial contacts because of 1 + area code

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Marilyn Strout, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Marilyn Strout

Marilyn Strout New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just drove my Prius Two home....managed to get the contact list downloaded onto the Prius from my Motorola Android Electrify. HOWEVER, I've found that it won't dial any of my contacts that have 1 + area code in the phone number. It will dial a 7 digit phone # great though.

We only have 1 area code here in Maine, but when I'm travelling in the great New York City area,I'm travelling through different area code areas and moving from one cell phone provider's tower to another. That's why I was told to store all my phone #s with 1+area code.

Anyone got ideas or a work around?

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    First I have heard of a need to store 1+phone number. I pass through different area codes all of the time without a problem with just area code + 7-digit number.

3. Marilyn Strout

Marilyn Strout New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just figured it out . . . Google VOICE was the issue. Car kept telling me to check my phone...I forgot tht I had to answer the question...use voice or not. Thank!