1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bluetooth won't turn on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Anya, Jul 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Anya

Anya New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've had my Prius for almost 2 years now, and I've never had a problem with the bluetooth. About a week ago my bluetooth turned off and now I can't get it to turn back on. When I press the "Bluetooth off" button, nothing happens.

Has anyone else had this problem? And is there a way to fix it?

2. Erniel

Erniel New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    same issue on our Prius V. we have also had it for about 2 years. Bluetooth will not turn on. Stuck in off mode. cannot make or receive calls. phone shows in paired list. with Bluetooth off cannot remove and re-pair phones.

let me know if there is a way to reboot without having to go back to dealer.

3. Sue Mc

Sue Mc New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I recently had the same problem on my Prius Four, it was working fine for over 5 years and suddenly it turned off a couple weeks ago. No update available for the Entune software. Stuck in the off mode.

4. Fyretuck

Fyretuck Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My 2013 has has the same problem and I have had the radio replaced twice, under warranty. Now the warranty is expired. I am thinking about replacing the Bluetooth module on the radio, as the radio works just fine otherwise.

5. duckbutter

duckbutter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    New to app. My Bluetooth disappeared on 2013 prius c 2. No longer an option on radio screen. Is there a thread for replacing the Bluetooth module only? IMG_20181211_170234.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. n23

n23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Mine recently did the same thing, Bluetooth Off (2015). It started working again like normal at the next restart. Not sure what the issue is but it did coincide with my phone switching from bluetooth audio streaming to picking up a call. I don't know if maybe the change in protocol borked the radio. I've tested it a few times since and can't reproduce it. Sorry I can't help more.

7. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My 2013 has the same problem. Bluetooth drops in the middle of a call or just running entune traffic app. Restarting car brings it back, but only for a few minutes. Just started doing this.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.