1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by suzieyoga, Mar 20, 2007.

1. dongwoo

dongwoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hey... i just got my prius 08 a couple weeks ago.. and i get complaints from the callers saying they can't hear me well or its not clear. i end up switching back to the handset. I use verizon. Is there a way on the 08 models to get to the service menu?

Does anyone know how to get caller ID working through the bluetooth on the MFD - i always have to look at my phone to see who's calling.

Thanks,
    dongwoo

2. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dongwoo @ Nov 11 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]538082[/snapback]</div>
    Good question! I'd like to know, too, if this is possible.

3. kn6vv

kn6vv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dongwoo @ Nov 11 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]538082[/snapback]</div>
    Dongwoo - I've already responded earlier in this thread about other issues but with reference to your own question, I waited a long while before upgrading my cell phone to a bluetooth model after buying my Prius. I read many threads here on PriusChat about bluetooth since I knew nothing about it. I quickly learned that the MANY different phone models available with bluetooth had a wide range of problems from poor audio, phone book transfer issues, partial information missing from the MFD like your lack of caller ID etc. Since I used SPRINT, I waited until I started seeing good reports on phones offered by SPRINT that worked on the Prius well. To the best of my knowledge, everything works perfectly using my Sanyo Katana II phone including the caller ID on the MFD. Since you use VERIZON, I would look for other VERIZON users here on PriusChat and see what phones are working well with the Prius. This is not usually an issue of the provider or quality of the phone you have but the Prius seems to work very well with some phones and not others.

Having said all that, the Prius system works VERY well with easy phonebook transfers, MFD display of signal strength, caller id, and more, all with excellent audio in and out IF you have a phone the Prius likes BUT not all bluetooth phones work properly with the Prius system. PriusChat is an excellent source of those phones that work well with Prius. Also most providers have a new phone trial period where you can exchange your new phone until it meets your satisfaction.

Best wishes in getting your system to work well for you!

4. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kn6vv @ Nov 11 2007, 06:52 PM) [snapback]538099[/snapback]</div>
    Ohh . . . so close! I have a Sprint Katana I, and I don't believe the Caller ID works from it, but your post will make be check it out more closely!

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David T M @ Nov 11 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]538180[/snapback]</div>
    I have the same phone and the caller ID works. However, while the car is in motion, the number will not display - only the name if the contact is in the car's phone book and it matches the incoming number exactly. With Sprint, you should have ten digits numbers in the car's phone book for the names to display. Make sure that you have the area code and no leading 1 for all your phone book entries.