1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Blunders

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by chrism07924, May 10, 2005.

1. Dan Gross

Dan Gross New Member

I no, me to.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Had a similar gas station blunder. Was late, needed gas. From the side street I was, to get to the gas station required crossing an empty corner lot. Realized the station was closed, so I went to make a U turn. Except between the empty lot and the station is a deep culvert with an overpass without guardrails, and I was on said overpass. Down into the drink nose first. Fortunately it was close to the bank or my car might have flipped over. Totalled my wonderful Honda Accord!
    Well, that was 10 years ago, and the car was 8 years old with 140K miles on it.

3. Beacher

Beacher Member

Eye try knot to be scene or herd speaking like that, butt it is quite a feet to never make a mistake. Does that make cents? I'm sure ewe no what Eye mean.

:mrgreen:

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't ewe meen "misteak" instead of "Mistake"?

5. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The wife left my son's sippy cup in her Prius for a week. He threw it down and it rolled under the front passenger seat. The pressure of fermenting milk pushed it out of the leak valve onto the carpet. :p It has taken about 3 weeks to get rid of most of the smell using enzymes cleaners, anti-bacertial sprays, and many carpet cleanings. She has gotten used to it but I cannot stay in the car more than 30 minutes now. It might be gone and it is all psychological for me.

Lesson learned - Do the sippy cup accountability inspection before leaving car. Little one only gets water in Daddy's car.

6. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Speaking of blunders... I'll admit that on the day that I received my Prius, I mistaken the position of reverse for park.... The garage door took the load pretty well. It only moved about 3 inches and one spot on the door cracked. Luckily, no damage to the Prius; just my ego.

7. tomforst

tomforst New Member

The post by Danny about shifting reminded me of a blunder I made about a month ago after owning my Prius for about 2 weeks. I took it to one of the automatic car washes that rolls you through while applying various cleansers, waxes, etc. You're supposed to put the vehicle into neutral and let the 'rollers' push you through the wash. But the car wouldn't go into neutral, so I decided to just leave it in drive, with my foot slightly on the brake. About half way through the carwash, after I had just about jumped the roller twice, they shut down the car wash, came to my door, and told me I had to put the car into neutral. I told them I've only had the car for a couple of weeks and didn't know how to do it, so with the car wash shut down we both looked through the owners manual until we found the correct way to do it. What had confused me was that you do have to hold the knob in the neutral position for a second or so, which isn't the case for 'drive' or 'reverse'. By the way, the car wash is the only place I can think of where 'neutral' is necessary.

8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I'd advise putting the car in Ig-On when going to Neutral for a carwash, otherwise you take a chance of running down the HV battery where the car will shut down. ICE cannot charge the HV battery in neutral.