1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BMS+ w/4 prius packs Vs. Enginer 4KWH?

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by Atari, Jul 12, 2009.

1. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    A picture is worth a thousand words.
    This is something safe you can use for the PHEV application.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    That looks like a 164-5050. It is only 400 ma output. How many of these are you using? It would take days for this one to charge your pack!

1 person likes this.
  3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    This particular model provides up to 3.0 Amps, specs are on their website, model # 164-5052

3 people like this.
  4. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If I could add my 2c, I think the BMS+ design is much more mature than the enginer kit. Norm has been involved in the cal-cars PHEV stuff since its beginning 5 years ago, and had actually developed the CAN-View independently before that. From what I have seen his system makes a lot of sense, and seems very well thought out. The Enginer kit is very impressive due to its cost, but that seems to be its only real strong point. From what I can tell it was designed in China by people with access to cheap batteries, chargers and electronics, but without a good working knowledge of the prius and PHEV conversions. While the Enginer kit is very promising, it seems like there will be a lot of growing pains while they sort out all the issues other PHEV conversions have already encountered and solved. For better or worse they seem to be using their buyers as product testers to find these issues.

Rob

1 person likes this.