1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BMW i8 Sightings

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by PriusC_Commuter, Aug 18, 2014.

1. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had my second BMW i8 sighting today, almost in the same place. I really need to start carrying my GoPro in my car from now on, although since they were on the other side of the freeway I probably would not have gotten them on camera in time anyways.

My first sighting was a few months ago on the 405 S right at the 105 overpass when they let a few automotive journalists test drive them in Los Angeles:
    BMW i8 - Images From Los Angeles Test Drive

Today, I saw another BMW i8 on the 405 S about 3 miles south of that overpass. It was a light blueish silver metallic color. I'm wondering if it was the Concours d'Elegance Edition sold this past weekend:
    BMW i8 Concours d’Elegance Edition Sells For $825,000 At Auction

This is the first car I can see taking away potential Tesla customers.

Mods: We should have a "BMW Hybrids and EVs" section under "Other Cars".

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I saw the i8 Roadster for the first time on Carnelian near the 210 freeway in Rancho Cucamonga last Friday. The car was copper with the dark-spoked wheels. Very impressive. Heads were turning all the way down the street looking at it. Really nice young man in his late 20s - early 30s driving it. We chatted very briefly while next to each other at a red light.