1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured BMW Really Likes Tesla

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Mar 15, 2018.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/03/the-simple-reason-why-bmw-really-likes-tesla.html

. . .
    “At Tesla and BMW i, we share the same attitude that new technology needs to be emotionally desirable otherwise it will never work,” said Wieland Brúch, media relations manager of BMW i and electric mobility. “I think they did a wonderful job in terms of emotionalizing e-mobility because as long as e-mobility means just getting emissions-free driving from A to B, that’s not sufficient to make it a success.”

Prior to Tesla, electric cars were boring and only “the treehuggers” were buying them, Brúch said, but that approach wasn’t going to make EVs mainstream and truly successful. “They are doing a very good job to help e-mobility become more widespread,” he said. “We think Tesla is very helpful in pushing e-mobility and we are welcoming everyone member of the e-mobility team.”
    . . .

Works for me.

Bob Wilson

austingreen, RCO and pilotgrrl like this.
  2. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Boring statement, Mr Brúch, 11 million hybrid new tech "appliances" from Toyota Group have flooded your vision.

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    But how much of Toyota's hybrid success in Europe due to governments and the public turning on diesels after dieselgate?
    Then hybrids keep hitting that sales plateau in the US.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    hmmmm, well Mr Brúch, where's the emotional desirability in a company NOT building out a truly fast nationwide fast charge network ...
    That said - Tesla needs to have THEIR can kicked down the road for their shortcoming too. I give to you as an example, the $h¦†y fin 'n finish of our passenger rear doors.

20171110_150011.jpg

20171112_143658.jpg

Gotta Give BMW kudos where deserved - nicely aligned body components. If BMW & Tesla both had e/others plusses with those 2 isses? - whoah.

5. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    May have been an ex-VW employee that did that. One of my Jettas had misaligned doors.

pilotgrrl likes this.