1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bob Burnquist

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Manksgloob, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here you go, it's about 1:35 of skateboarding and 6 seconds of glimpes of the upcoming new member of the Prius family, what sources have told us is the "Prius v".

3 people like this.
  2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    "Make sure you check out the newest member of the Prius family when it debuts at the Detroit Auto Show on January 10th."

I wish I could, Bob. I wish I could.

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Video? Well as a sneak peak of the upcoming Prius v...is that what we've decided it's called? It's pretty weak.

But I'm very intrigued. I can't wait to see it. Very curious what it's MPG would become.

To be honest? I always wished Honda would of made a hybrid Honda Element, because of the room and utility...I like the vehicle but as an ICE it's just not efficient enough for me...

This new Prius, might offer the room, space and utility and the efficiency...I will definently be taking a look....

From a marketing standpoint that might be the problem. Given the skateboarding tie in, it seems Toyota wants to pursue the youth market. Maybe I'm underestimating todays youth, but the problem might be, once anything get's labeled a Mini-Van, or Wagon like product...it becomes hard to sell to youth. If you could get young people to look at it without prejudice?

Well anyway, I'll be looking with great interest. A hybrid with that much space and utility would be a great vehicle IMO. I just don't know whether it's more likely to have skateboards in the back, or baby strollers....I know from Toyota's P.O.V. they'ed probably like both....

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    He was a sk8ter boy, she said see you later boy, he wasn't good enough for her!

5. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Awesome! I'm glad to see Toyota sponsoring sports that the younger generation (the next "Scion"/"Yaris"/affordable-Prius customers for them over the next decade) is inspired by and helping to inspire the younger generation to be responsible to the planet and also drive Toyota hybrids. Brilliant! :)