1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Body Lift possible?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by waldhorndude, Nov 5, 2012.

1. waldhorndude

waldhorndude New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I need a inch or 2 ( that is what she said!), I messed up and bought tires a little too big (205 65 15), and I feel like when winter comes, I will be cleaning out snow every 50 miles from the lack of clearance.

Suspension lifts are way too costly, and no kits are available.

What about a simple body lift? Add a inch or 1.75 from one of those online shops that sell a universal spacer and shim?

Someone do it first.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    whatever you do, don't buy anything that is supposed to be put in the spring to raise the car. most of those products can damage your springs. there may be a ring spacer that actually fits under or over the spring but it would be cheaper to buy some snow tires than pay someone to d&a your struts.
    there is no "body lift" on a unibody car. that is for full frame vehicles

3. waldhorndude

waldhorndude New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Below is the kit for a Suzuki SX4,

F/R Strut Spacers, and a camber bolt pack... Super simple and works. 1.25 would be perfect. The prius handles so well in the snow, just tonight we had bad snow I25 Denver.

Clearance is the main reason we started work on this system. The SX4 has some of the worst undercarriage clearance of any vehicle in its All Wheel Driveclass. Even some Subaru cars can get you further down a dirt road than a stock SX4.... and that ain't right :^(
    So whether you are looking get a little more daylight under your rig for some offroading adventure, or just want to make your Suzuki into a head-turning mean machine, Rocky Road gets the job done. No vibrations, no bad CV angles, nothing but the same excellent ride quality you've always had.... just a bit taller.

Kit contains:
    [​IMG]Front Strut spacers. Our lifetime warranty steel spacers don't change or modify your ride quality. You get all the lift without any downsides.
    [​IMG]Rear strut spacers. Again, our lifetime warranty coil spacers give you the perfect amount of lift without any reduction in ride quality or comfort. Only minutes to install.
    [​IMG]Camber bolt pack. The custom offset bolts are necessary to achieve proper alignment and most alignment shops will really overcharge for these pieces. We save you that headache by including them in the kit.
    [​IMG]All Rocky Road manufactured components come with a great looking durable black powdercoat finish.
    [​IMG]Detailed step-by-step instructions with photos so even the novice do-it-yourselfer can perform their own installat

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i'd like to see the parts in that kit before installing it. it might be good stuff, but it might be junk. even if its good, do they make a kit for your prius?
    if someone gave me a suzuki, i'd do the world a favor and drive that pos straight to the crusher. in fact, suzuki should have done us all a favor and shipped em straight from the assembly line to the crusher.
    again, a set of snow tires would cost less than getting that kit installed.

5. maestro8

maestro8 Nouveau Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is an incomplete kit. When you change the front suspension to the point where camber is affected, but do nothing to the tie rods / ends, your car is going to exhibit increased bump steer. I don't know how much it will increase in your case, but I wouldn't want to find out at highway speeds...