1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

body shop in northern va

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by jane05, Nov 10, 2009.

1. jane05

jane05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i got into a scuffle with a column in a parking garage and am looking to get some body work done. know of any reputable places in the dc area? i am going to get a quote from the dealer (koons tysons) but any suggestions would be great...

2. Prius5138

Prius5138 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Same thing happened to me and will be going to a body shop that a friend recommended in Fairfax soon - went to the body shop at Toyota Service in Fairfax and they quoted me more than $900!!

3. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Whatever you do, in any event, please AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE Ray's Auto Body of Vienna.

My 2005 Prius was the middle car in a 3-car pileup on I-66 this summer. (Not my fault; guy behind me hit first.) The Allstate claims adjuster sent me to Ray's because I live in Vienna, and he had good experience with them in the past.

When I picked up my car, the windshield was cracked in a place it had not been before. My own insurance adjuster fought valiantly on my behalf, and convinced me to make Ray's make good. The body shop tried to deny responsibility. They finally allowed a third-party glass place to replace the windshield.

In the process of having the windshield replaced, we discovered that Ray's had installed after-market sheet metal, in violation of the estimate. (The hood and grille did not line up after their repair, and the hood they installed weighed about four times the weight of the original.)

It was another three weeks before I finally saw my car. The wreck was on July 30. I had my car back after Labor Day.

Pope's Auto Body in Fairfax, on the other hand, is very good. Near Fairfax Circle.