1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bolt part number please for front hub wheel bearing mount

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Matt Biskup, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Matt Biskup

Matt Biskup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I broke a bolt installing a new front wheel hub bearing to the steering knuckle. What is the correct part number for these bolts?

They appear to be 45mm, M10, with an unthreaded sleeve, a flange bolt head that takes a 14mm socket, and a hardness mark of 11.

I was able to find a part number for rear hub mounting bolts, which curiously noted a different part number for left and for right. I figured that I should ask here before I bought something improper.

A quick thank you to all of you for your posts on here. Been lurking for two months, making great progress on my 2005 and having fun.

Backstory: I was testing out a new torque wrench, got the proper click on three of the four bolts. Last bolt yielded before it reached 45 ft lbs (spec as per Alldata DIY diagram) as per the torque wrench not ever clicking. I’m certain that I went way past 45 ft lbs trying to get a click from the torque wrench. I’m lucky the bolt didn’t break in the bearing threads and the remaining bolt simply unscrewed leaving me feeling really lucky. $25 torque wrench goes back to Harbor Freight tomorrow.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    90105-10469 is what's shown here.

If you look up the part number online, it may show up as 'used for rear bearings' or the like. But the same bolt can be used in lots of places.

[​IMG]

SFO likes this.
  3. Matt Biskup

Matt Biskup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A