1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BOOM! Winter fuel time!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by nooaah, Nov 23, 2009.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Search for "warm up Stages." In particular, look for posting by Ken@Japan who has given us the most detailed information.

Currently the 2010 Prius warm-up is under investigation in Japan and there are some subtle aspects still under investigation.

Bob Wilson

2. nooaah

nooaah New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, I finished with the winter fuel tank and capped off at 54.0mpg, 52.3 calculated.

My current tank, first 20 miles were getting 48mpg. This is due to short trips in downtown Philadelphia. Anyone familiar with this area knows it's impossible to do any better, given every light is red and there's just about zero opportunity to regen.

In my 13 mile commute this morning, I pulled the tank up to 51mpg. I don't know what that works out to without a calculator, but it seems like I did pretty well. Maybe my local station isn't on a winter formulation yet.

3. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do you check your tire pressures I run 42/40. Also, I can average between 55 and 60 mpg. My wife gets consistant 45, she has a lead foot.
    Tony Renier