1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Border Patrol told to stand down in Arizona

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by DonDNH, May 13, 2005.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH\";p=\"89732)</div>
    Well, my larger point, having had equal access to both great nations, is that we are very much in danger of getting flushed down the crapper by all the backroom deals and mismanagement now going on in political and large corporate circles.

Immigration built both nations, but now we have a lot of illegals arriving on our shores. The first tricky issue is health care, if an illegal arrives in an emergency room with a gunshot would or a knife wound or about to pop out a kid, do you turn them away?

Probably not.

So the taxpayer has to absorb that cost. Plus the associated cost of increased crime, increased racial tensions, schooling, etc etc.

I don't buy the argument that cheap illegal immigrant labor is necessary to pick produce. There are plenty of lazy bums in the U.S. and Canada, instead of collecting an Assistance check make *them* work in the field.

I agree the Minutemen should be along the Northern border. As it turns out, Canada has done a deplorable job with immigration and controlling terrorist cells in Canada. In the case of the Millennium Bomber Ahmed Ressam, please check out the following CBC news article:

http://www.cbc.ca/disclosure/archives/0203...6_leo/main.html

I think a lot of Canadians were downright shocked that not only are terrorist cells operating in Canada, they are operating as *legal* charities. Once again you can thank the scandal-plagued Liberal Party Of Canada.

These are the same political geniuses who - in their quest to disarm every law abiding Canadian - dreamed up the National Gun Registry. It was supposed to cost only $2 million and at last count was approaching $2 billion. And it still doesn't work.

Yeah, I know that Canada and The United States of America are the best places to live on planet Earth, as evidenced by the long lines of *legal* immigrants trying to get here. I would just like to make the two countries even better.

2. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH\";p=\"89593)</div>
    Moderator: So some can say s*** and f*** and h*** and bull**** and crap but I can't say "shit"? Well, h e double hockey sticks!

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH\";p=\"89823)</div>
    Ron:

Actually, I practice a high level of self-censorship. That is, when you see a comment like "s***" from me, that is EXACTLY how I entered it. No moderator was involved in editing my reply because they don't have to be.

It has been my experience that, despite having two B.Sc., most of those expensive college words I learned (I figure at an average of $1,800 a fancy word) simply don't work. Especially if you have any experience in the Services, I'll mention "cluster f***" and you'll immediately know what I'm talking about.

If you have read through any of my posts on statistics, then you'll realize I had no choice but to use the fancy word and also a paragraph to explain it.

Eg: Heteroscedasticity, ANOVA, Weibull, etc.

However, I'm truly sorry that I offended you in any way by *implying* anything with the "harsh" language. In the future, even at FHOP, I'll practice more restraint.

Jay

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH\";p=\"89823)</div>
    Moderator: So some can say s*** and f*** and h*** and bull**** and crap but I can't say "shit"? Well, h e double hockey sticks![/b][/quote]

Ron, the request to tone down the profanity was made to all on the board, not just you. And yes, I did mean the self censored ones as well. I guess I should have put "everyone" in the note.

Everyone: We need to keep in mind that whether we want to be or not, we are basically an unofficial laison to Toyota regarding the Prius. Personally, I've never come upon a situation where I couldn't find a "normal" word that had just as much impact as the offensive one, on a heated topic.

An example of this type of relationship can be seen over at Saturnfans. Profanity there IS strictly forbidden, and that software is set up to automatically edit out offensive words. GM knows of the site, and they actually speak positively of the site as unofficial representation of them as a division brand.

You can gurantee that Toyota is well aware of Priuschat, and that they "watch" this site. How we present ourselves, even in the OT forum, has a direct effect on how WE are viewed as a whole by Toyota Motors USA, and even other visitors for that matter.

All I'm asking as a mod, is that we keep this place family friendly.

5. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    'nuff said