1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bosch 12v Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by VicVinegar, May 20, 2018.

1. Schofer

Schofer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I purchased the Bosch battery from Pep Boys for my 2010 Gen III. Under $150 with coupon (after returning the old battery).

Unfortunately, the new battery did not come with a vent elbow. And, the existing vent elbow was too big to fit the battery. (I assume it was the OEM vent elbow; though the OEM battery had been replaced before I got the car... so I'm not certain.)

I was going to return the Bosch battery, but I saw a vent tube on Amazon for 2 bucks, and it turns out the elbow fits the Bosch battery!

The new elbow fits by friction (whereas the previous one had a tiny tab that helped it lock in)... but hopefully it will do the job.

p.s. I just saw an old post saying that the battery should come with a vent elbow, but other posts say that no elbow was included. Maybe the elbow sometimes gets lost during shipping/storage? Anyhow, my local Pep Boys didn't have any more Bosh batteries in stock so no way to see if some come with an elbow.

#21 Schofer, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think you'll be fine. if you aren't around in a few years, we'll probably know why :)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Air poisoning from aftermarket vent tube leak?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base